Log 11 Mar 2012

Kevin, Malcolm, Andy, Ian G, Dave and Shaun met at 7:00. Two cars were required.
Shaun took Malcolm and Dave whilst Ian took Kevin and Andy, both cars heading for the Glencoe ski car park
As normal, the group divided up. Malcolm, Andy and Kevin elected to climb the Munro MEALL A’BHUIRIDH from an easterly direction by initially following the West Highland Way track.   They reached the summit at 12:30.
Shaun, Dave and Ian headed for the two Munros by following the ski tow lifts. Both groups left the car park at 9:45.
The first Munro, MEALL A’BHUIRIDH, was reached at 11:45 and the second one, CREISE at 12:45.
The cloud cover was very low so views were almost non-existent.   The wind, with a driving misty rain, was much stronger than expected.   
On the climb to Meall a Bhuiridh there was plenty of protection from this westerly wind, however on descending towards the bealach, we were very exposed, making the walk to Creise and back at times quite demanding.
Dave's original intention was to walk to the Corbett, Beinn Mhic Chasgaig, which lies roughly 1.5 kilometres west of Creise.  
However, due to the weather conditions this was abandoned.   On reaching Creise we retraced our route back to the car park, both groups returning at 14:15.
The Bridge of Orchy hotel was the favoured hostelry for a refreshment on the way home.
Report by Shaun Archer
Kevin, Andy and Malcolm, hankering after some new ground, decided upon the SE ridge of Meall a’Bhuiridh via Creag an Fhirich (705m) – reached by a gentle rising traverse from the West Highland Way.   The SE ridge proved to be quite a steep trudge but was sheltered from the gusting NW wind.   After a brief stop for lunch in the lee of the summit ski patrol shelter (heated) we slid down the remaining snow back to the cars, meeting up with the other party en route.
A pity the mist never lifted but, after months of New Zealand sunshine, still a good Scottish day out rounded off by beers at Bridge of Orchy.  It’s nice to be home.
Report by Malcolm Hodgins